Assorted programs that work with Windows 10
Clicking on the links below will download the program.
- Windows 7 Solitaire games. This is for Windows 10 v1511, will not work on Windows 10 v1607 (Annaversary edition)
- Windows Solitaire games for Windows 10 v1607 (Annaversary edition) Same games but this version will work on the Annaversary edition.
- Ultimate Windows tweeker for Windows 10.
- Speccy. This is a very good free program that will inform you of what hardware is on your computer and also it will tell you what temperature your system is operating at. If you need a new driver than it will give you the information of what exactly the manufacture and name of the of the hardware you have. This is the web page of the product. Same company that makes Ccleaner.
- The old calculator (like windows 7) (You will find it under All Apps, Windows Accessories.)
- Microsoft Word Viewer
- Microsoft Power Point Viewer
- Microsoft Excel Viewer
- WordWeb (it is an excellent program for spell checking and definitions. There web site can be found here.)
- Audio and Video player. Windows 10 does not support Windows Media Player, some functions of it work but not very good. This player will play all audio and video files.
- Start Menu repair from Microsoft.
- Win rar 64bit. This is a program that will unpack (unzip) a large assortment of compressed files. Additionally to complete support of RAR and ZIP WinRAR provides basic operations for 7Z, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZH, TAR, UUE, Z files created by other tools: view contents, extract files, show comments and archive information. You do not need to have any external programs to handle these formats.
- SyncToy. SyncToy is a freeware tool in Microsoft's PowerToys series that provides an easy-to-use graphical user interface for synchronizing files and folders in Windows versions XP, Vista and 7. I have it installed on my Windows 10 and have no problem with it. It is written using Microsoft's .NET framework and uses the Microsoft Sync Framework. For more information click here.